HomeAbout Me and these RocksPolished RocksRocks Paper Scissors

Friday, December 2, 2011

Behind the Screen

It's Friday night and the boys and I have just finished reading, the last thing we do in the day before bedtime. They've brushed their teeth and are headed upstairs for prayers and the "Goodnight Song". 

Hubby just got home from teaching a class. The day has been full of the usual daily living things. Meals, laundry, schoolwork. And then I went online and figured out how to make and order some Christmas cards. That took me awhile. We ate supper. Cleaned up the house because tomorrow is Saturday already and we will be on the road for a Tae Kwon Do tournament.
And I'm thinking about how it seems like it was just morning and now it's night and the day went by just like that.

And I've been wondering what I would really have to say after an ordinary day.
 I would say this: Thank you, Lord, for ordinary days. For in this ordinary day we ate, we laughed, we played, we worked, we spoke, we listened, we sang, we read, we hugged, we kissed, and now we will rest.
And that is what happened behind the screen. Today. 

1 comment:

Bakka's Blog said...

Yes, Thank God for ordinary days.