HomeAbout Me and these RocksPolished RocksRocks Paper Scissors

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Love You To Infinity and Beyond!!........I win!

It's how we begin our mornings around here. Every morning.

I don't remember anymore how it started, but it stuck and now I can't imagine it any other way.
This is what it looks like: The Hubby is the first to get up and going in the morning. He's the early- bird -that catches- the- worm type. No alarm clock needed. He came into this world wired for the morning. While he's out throwing the wood in the woodstove, I'm wondering, "what day is it? what time is it? I didn't sleep yet did I?" And then I roll out of bed, feel around in the dark for my glasses and  o h  s o  v e r y  q u i e t l y  pass the boys' bedroom door and go downstairs to pour up the coffee. We sit in our chairs. His is the rocker and mine is the big one by the window. We talk quietly until it's time for Hubby to go downstairs to his office.
It won't be long now.

It's quiet. Then suddenly-- erupting from his room and proclaiming loudly to the wide-open-- "LOVE YOU TO INFINITY AND BEYOND (trills tongue) I WIN!", there's Josh. (Wired like his Dad.)


I'm not sure either, about how the "I win" came to be, but it has come to be the most important part.

It all probably started one morning, after breakfast and a hug, with a little debate between Josh and me. We have those. I imagine it went something like this: (me) I love you, Josh. (Josh) I love you more. (me) I love you more than that. (Josh) I love you more than you love more. (me) I love you more and more and more than you love more. (Josh) I love you the most. (me) I love you the most-est. (Josh) I love you to infinity and beyond. I win.

He likes to win.

Then maybe the next morning, as he's coming down the stairs before breakfast, it went something like this: (me) I love you, Josh. (Josh) Love you to infinity and beyond! I win!

Ohhh. So probably the next morning I remembered, because sometimes I do, and when I heard him bumping around in his room, (me) Love you to infinity and beyond! I win!
 Whew! Sometimes I like to win, too!

And the rest is history.
Josh's only ambition when he jumps out of bed is to be the first one to make his proclamation of infinitous (is that a word?) love. And now the whole family is in on it.

Samuel is the next one out of bed. He makes his way out of the bedroom, rumpled and rubbing his eyes. And he, too, in his I'm-kinda-waking-up-now voice, announces "love you to infinity and beyond (trills tongue) I win." (No exclamation point. Usually. He's wired a little more like his mama.)Sometimes, it's just "(trill tongue) I win." Because it's early and what day is it? It doesn't matter to him if Josh already said it first, he just wants in on it.

Then, when someone gives the holler down to Hubby that his breakfast is ready, the boys wait in anticipation for him to come through the door, and then all three of them are loudly racing through the words to see who can say it the fastest. "LOVE YOU TO INFINITY AND BEYOND! I WIN!"

I'm thinkin' that this loud proclamation of infinitous love is a good way to start the day!


This post is linked to The MOB Society and "Let's Hear it for the Boys!"

6 comments:

Nancy Kelly said...

I LOVE morning people! I'm up at 5:30 every morning to see my dh off to work and spend some time with him.

Sounds to me like you ALL win!

Ring true,
Nancy

P.S. - your boys are adorable!

Heidi said...

What a great way to start the day! You are a blessed woman!! :O)

Steph B. said...

i love this!!!!!!!

Piper said...

So cool! At our house we have always "love you more" or "love you to the moon and back" reply back "love you to the moon & back 1000 times" and on & on it goes!!1 Fun & love!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blog! You are so creative, and a prolific blogger.

I am trying to be a morning person but I really have to work at it. Always seem happier when I get an early start. Wish we were close enough to share a morning cup of coffee.

Ernie said...

Nice post Tina and a nice morning tradition. I am more like Sam, barely "alive" first thing in the morning. My 'famous' greeting is more like a "grunt" to acknowledge that I am actually alive. Your way is better!