HomeAbout Me and these RocksPolished RocksRocks Paper Scissors

Thursday, January 19, 2012

From Red Belt to Junior Poom: A Tick-Tock Journey

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I agree! And don't you just find yourself smiling along??

There were six. Six red belts testing their skills and knowledge and speed and composure and courage. And the parents watched nervous with cameras capturing the moments. The frames tell the story.


We moms exhale slow and smile big! Dads nod a sure 'yes'! Pooms mingle happy!
This Junior Poom, his dad promised a new TKD uniform for a job well done. Well done!
Well done everyone!
And he's worked up an appetite. We'll do the traditional belt testing meal.

My Kwon Do Kid!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

what a great accomplishment, congrats to your kwon do boy!! I know exactly what you mean about mom's holding their breath, my husband always seems so much more confident than I am :)

Piper said...

Congrats! I know you are sooo proud of him... I am sure you were smiling even bigger!!

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

Fantastic work, kwon do boy! Kudos too to mama for fuzzing out the other kids, letting their parents decide whether or not to show them online. I am impressed all over...and smiling!

Blue Cotton Memory said...

Yeah! Congratulations! It is a beautiful thing watching our sons exhibit self-discipline to achieve their best - both individual and team. What a happy guy - and what a great choice of celebration food!!! My fav!

Heidi said...

How awesome is that!! Way to go Joshua!!!! I love you guys!!!

Unknown said...

we love to celebrate special moments at a local hamburger joint - it's the ice cream bar that draws us there :) it means something to the kids to have "special traditions" like this- things they will someday (God willing) tell their own children about ;) good job mom!

MomLaur said...

Those are SOME SKILLS! Wow! That's a great accomplishment! Congrats!